We see the world of less pain.
Here’s what we do:
We empower family members to make a positive difference to loved ones in pain. We offer tools to help them do their best as they cope with chronic pain, manage chronic illness or face end-of-life care. The Connection Prescription helps in the face of physical, emotional or financial pain.
Further, we empower health care professionals and eldercare providers to coach family members to caregiving success.
We want to help family caregivers infuse their families with:
- More love
- More laughter
- More hope.
Family members will find tools to:
- Help their loved one get the best medical care possible.
- Function as an effective family leader.
- Set priorities.
- Build an effective caregiving team
Health care professionals will find resources to invite family caregivers into the treatment team. Caregiver participation means:
- Better compliance
- Better medical outcomes
- Greater satisfaction
Why we do it:
- Chronic pain afflicts 116 million Americans.
- One out of three households in the US will include a family caregiver this year.
- Family caregivers are an unpaid extension of the health care system.
- Caring for people with chronic medical conditions exacts an emotional toll.
- The ability to respond to a person in pain is a learned life skill with few teachers.
How we do it:
Deliver leadership skills, stress management ideas and tips to build teams by:
- Speaking to family caregivers, eldercare providers and health care professionals
- Serving as an expert on caregiving sites and in the media
- Offering articles and now videos on the Internet
- Speaking at libraries
- Being guests on radio shows
- Writing books.